Honda Brio Automatic launched at Rs 5.74 -5.99 lakh
New Delhi: Honda Cars Limited on Thursday launched automatic version of its hatchback Brio in India.
Honda brings Brio Automatic in India in two trims - S(O) and V. The Automatic Brio is priced between Rs 5.74 lakh and Rs 5.99 lakh (ex-Delhi), approximately Rs 75,000 more than the equivalent manual trim.
The Brio automatic is powered by its 88PS 1.2-litre i-VTEC engine from the manual variant.
The car will compete with the Maruti Suzuki A Star and Hyundai i10 Automatic.
The futuristic design of the AT shift lever in Honda Brio features 7 positions to change the shift position in accordance with the driving needs.
1. P – Park. Used when parking or starting the engine
2. R – Reverse. Used when Reversing
3. N – Neutral. Used when idling
4. D – Drive. (1st through 5th) Normal driving; starts off in 1st, shifts automatically to 2nd, 3rd, 4th, then
5th, depending on vehicle speed and accelerator pedal position
5. D3 – Drive (D3). (1st through 3rd) Used for rapid acceleration at highway speeds and general driving, up-hill and down-hill driving; starts off in 1st, shifts automatically to 2nd, then 3rd, depending on vehicle speed and accelerator pedal position.
6. 2 – Second. Used for engine braking or better traction starting off on loose or slippery surfaces; stays in 2nd gear and does not shift up and down.
7. 1 – First. Used for engine braking; stays in 1st gear, does not shift up.
Honda Brio AT comes with a 4 cylinder 1.2-litre i-VTEC engine
Delivers maximum output of 88 PS @ 6000 rpm and Torque of 109 Nm @ 4500 rpm
Has fuel economy of 16.5 kmpl
Easy to drive with small turning radius of only 4.7m
Will feature 1 DIN audio system with Front speakers
Body Coloured Outside Rear View Mirrors, Body Coloured Outside Door Handles, and Door CTR Sash
Power Adjustable Outside Rear View Mirrors along with Front & Rear mud guards
Aavailable in 7 grades- E MT, EX MT, S MT, S(O) MT, S(O) AT, V MT and V AT