Hyundai Creta Anniversary Edition: 8 new changes expected
Hyundai is celebrating the success of its most-loved SUV in the country by introducing a special Anniversary Edition of the Creta.
Hyundai is celebrating the success of its most-loved SUV in the country by introducing a special Anniversary Edition of the Creta. We received a glance at this car during its unveiling in Bangalore when Hyundai presented the first car of the lot to badminton player Saina Nehwal in July this year.
From what we could observe, subtle changes have been made to our beloved SUV. We had a word with a few Hyundai dealerships in Delhi as this new edition is about to arrive at the showrooms soon. So, if you are in the market, eyeing this special edition SUV, do check out the changes it will accommodate.
1. Colour Scheme: Just one! This edition will only be available in white colour. It’s a safe choice and we must say, white with all the rest of the bodywork does make this special edition standout
2. Trim: Again, just one! It will be available only on the SX+ trim
3. Engine: Both petrol and diesel engines will be available in this edition
4. Blackened Top: The roof along with pillars will get a glossy black paint. It’s a nice contrast overall w.r.t the white colour scheme on offer
5. Body decals: It will endorse the ‘1 Anniversary Edition’ decal on the C-pillars while dual colour decal strips in matte grey and red are also a part of the package
6. No chrome bar at the back: Yes, for many who felt that the use of chrome is a bit too loud, Hyundai has made a change at the back. This edition will sport a body-coloured bar at the top of the number plate on the tailgate instead of a chrome set-up.
7. Interiors: On the inside, Hyundai has used a red and black theme to jazz up the interiors. The seats adorn a red layout along with red stitching on the sides. The dashboard also gets the red flavour on the vertically-stacked AC vents while the rest of the cabin gets a black treatment. The steering wheel will be draped in leather. On the whole, the cabin does appear sporty.
8. Only in Manual, No Automatic: From what we could gather, this edition will only be available with manual transmission
On the mechanical front, the engines will remain unaltered. Bookings have started for this edition, Hyundai is expecting deliveries to commence by August this year. Although, we could not close in on the exact premium that Hyundai will ask for this edition, but one can expect an increase of Rs 20,000-25,000 for the Anniversary Edition Creta.