Hyundai Grand i10 is Indian Car of the Year 2014
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Hyundai Motor’s new hatchback, Grand i10, has been awarded the prestigious Indian Car Of The Year 2014 (ICOTY) beating tough competitions from Ford EcoSport and Honda Amaze in the final round.
The all new hatchback, Hyndai Grand i10, sold over 33,000 units across India in September within just 30 months of its launch, making it one of the fastest selling cars in the country.
Besides the high number of sales, Hyundai Grand i10 also had one of the highest test drives with over 165,000 been facilitated across the country till September.
With this award, the Grand i10 also perfectly fits into the shoe of its predecessor Hyundai i10 that won the award in 2008.
Other cars that made it to the final shortlist of the prestigious ICOTY 2014 were BMW 1Series, Chevrolet Enjoy, Mahindra Verito Vibe, Mercedes-Benz GL350, Nissan Terrano and Skoda Octavia.
The award was won by Renault Duster in 2013, Maruti Suzuki Swift in 2012, Ford Figo in 2011 and Tata Nano in 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20