Hyundai May sales up 2.1%
New Delhi: Hyundai Motor India Ltd on Saturday reported 2.1 percent increase in its total sales in May at 56,856 units as against 55,669 in the same month last year.
The company's domestic sales stood at 32,102 units during the month, up 0.3 percent from 32,010 units in May 2012, HMIL said in a statement.
Exports during the month were up by 4.6 percent to 24,754 units from 23,659 units in the same month last year, it added.
Commenting on the sales, HMIL Senior Vice-President, Sales and Marketing Rakesh Srivastava, said: "Hyundai has been able to maintain positive growth and will gain in market share in a market that is at the near bottom level and is expected to move into positive growth in the coming months as the demand for the petrol cars is improving."
Describing the market situation as "challenging times" the company has been able to increase export volumes and we continued to get strong demand from the non-European markets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300