Hyundai Motor India total sales up 5% in Feb
New Delhi: The country's second-largest car maker Hyundai Motor India Ltd (HMIL) today reported 5.42 percent rise in its total sales at 54,665 units in February 2013.
The company had sold 51,855 units in the corresponding month previous year, HMIL said in a statement.
In the domestic market, the company recorded a decline of 7.62 percent in sales at 34,002 units compared to 36,805 units in the year-ago period, it added.
Exports of the company went up by 37.30 percent to 20,663 units during the month under review from 15,050 units in the same period previous year, the statement said.
"The market was suppressed as there was drop in enquiries with lower rates of conversions to purchase. The increase in fuel prices negatively impacted the already low market sentiments," HMIL Vice President (Sales and Marketing) Rakesh Srivastava said.
The company expects the challenge to continue in the next quarter until there is a significant change in macro-economic conditions, he added.
In the A2 segment (Eon, Santro, i10 and i20), the company sold 46,387 units, while sales in the A3 segment (Accent and Verna) stood at 7,722 units in February 2013.
The company sold 66 units of the sports utility vehicle Santa Fe during the month. Sales of luxury sedan Sonata stood at 20 units, while Elantra witnessed 470 purchases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20