Hyundai sales dip 7.6% in June
New Delhi: Hyundai Motor India Ltd (HMIL) on Tuesday reported a 7.6 percent dip in total sales at 50,518 units in June 2014.
The company had sold 54,665 units in the same month last year, it said in a statement.
In the domestic market, Hyundai sold 33,514 units last month as compared to 30,610 units in June 2013, up 9.5 percent.
During the month, Hyundai's exports declined by 29.3 percent to 17,004 units as against 24,055 units in the same period last year.
Commenting on the sales performance, HMIL Senior Vice President (Sales and Marketing) Rakesh Srivastava said the growth in the domestic sales has been due to the success of Xcent, Grand and Santa Fe.
"With the extension of excise duty benefit, we hope to maintain the growth in volume while strengthening our product portfolio and improving channel efficiencies," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20