Hyundai to take on Duster; gearing up for compact SUV, MPV launch
New Delhi: Auto maker Hyundai Motors is planning a compact SUV and an MPV for the Indian market in the near future.
The move is likely to bring the automaker in the SUV/crossover market which will soon witness the inclusion of the Ford Ecosport in June/July. With the entry into the niche market, Hyundai will go up against the dominant player, the Renault Duster.
The announcement comes at the heels of the Korean automaker’s decision to launch a car which will be placed between the successful i10 and i20 series.
Also, the MPV will be unveiled after the launch of the compact SUV. The MPV will likely face competition from Maruti Suzuki Ertiga and Mahindra’s compact SUV, the Quanto.
Some reports also state that Hyundai is investing in a flexible engine plant with a 300,000 capacity, which will allow the car maker to stop importing diesel engines.
Meanwhile, the car that is supposed to be positioned between i20 and i10 is pegged to be the next iteration of the i10.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300