JLR sales in India up 22% at 2,913 units last year
New Delhi: Tata Motors-owned Jaguar Land Rover Thursday reported 22 percent increase in India sales last year at 2,913 units.
The company said launching of new models, strengthening of dealership network and customer engagement initiatives helped in boosting sales growth.
JLR India Vice-President Rohit Suri said a rising number of discerning class of individuals in the entrepreneurial, executive and professional segments helped in the growth.
"A strong dealer network focused on providing one of the best after sales service and high re-sale value commanded by Jaguar and Land Rover cars is making customers comeback for repeat purchases already," he added.
In 2013, under the Jaguar umbrella, the company had launched the Jaguar XF with 2.2 litre diesel engine followed by a 2.0 litre petrol engine variant and sports car F-Type.
In the Land Rover range, it launched the all new Range Rover Sport.
JLR's product portfolio in India includes Jaguar XJ, Jaguar XF, Jaguar XK, Jaguar F-TYPE, Range Rover Sport, Range Rover, Range Rover Evoque, Discovery 4 and Freelander 2.
It has a network of 19 retail outlets spread across 17 cities in India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300