Mahindra forays into motorcycle segment, unveils two models
Mumbai: Domestic auto-maker Mahindra has forayed into the motorcycle segment with two 110 cc models.
Mahindra Two wheelers Ltd, the two wheeler arm of Mahindra group, previewed two new motorcycles -- Centuro and Pantero -- at a function last evening here.
"Pantero should be out in the next couple of weeks and Centuro a few weeks thereafter," said Anoop Mathur, president, two wheeler sector and member of the group executive board, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd.
Mathur, however, did not disclose the prices.
Designed completely in-house at the Mahindra R&D Centre in Pune and powered by the MCi-5 engine manufactured at the company's Pithampur facility in Madhya Pradesh, the motorcycle models possess intelligent and class-defining features targeted at distinct consumer segments, the company said.
The company has invested Rs 100 crore in the research and development of the products but "it is difficult to give total investment in product development as there is a lot of common platform sharing", Mathur said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300