Maruti Suzuki Swift offered on discount for the first time
New Delhi: Reflecting the current pathetic condition of domestic car sales in the country, India’s leading car manufacturer, Maruti Suzuki on Thursday joined the discount bandwagon with its Maruti Swift.
According to reports, the company is offering a discount of Rs 5,000 on its best selling mode, the Maruti Suzuki Swift. The offer is being made on the diesel variant only though.
The company has also offers ‘no waiting period’ on its hatchback.
Maruti has also offered Rs 10,000 discount on Swift DZire compact sedan, the reports said.
Sales of Maruti Suzuki fell by 8 percent in February with a total sales at 1,09,567 units during the month.
Adding to the woe was the dip in the sales of its compact segment (comprising Estilo, Swift and Ritz models), which fell by 13.90 percent to 24,021 units from 27,899 units in the same month a year ago.
In 2012, Maruti Swift was the bestselling car in the country next to Maruti’s own Alto 800.
In February, Indian domestic passenger car sales growth plunged to a record 12-year low, registering a 25.71 percent decline to 1,58,513 units.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300