Mercedes-Benz launches C-Class Sport, E-Class Sport in India
New Delhi: Mercedes-Benz India has launched the C-Class Sport and the E-Class Sport editions in the country.
C-Class is priced at Rs 29.9 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi) while the E-Class is priced at Rs 39.9 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).
Both the sedans are powered by the 220CDI four-cylinder diesel engine developing 170bhp and 400Nm of torque; mated to 7G TRONIC automatic transmission.
Mercedes which will complete launching of products aimed to drive volumes in India by 2015-16, expects 40 percent of its entire product range to be priced below Rs 25 lakh in the next 5- 10 years. It is investing Rs 250 crore on new product line up till 2014.
Mercedes-Benz India had lost its leadership position to compatriot BMW in 2009. This year, it is likely to slip to the third position, giving way to Audi India, which is expecting to sell over 8,000 units.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300