Renault India's sales decline 4% to 3,733 units in August
New Delhi: Renault India on Tuesday reported a 4.6 percent decline in August sales at 3,733 units as compared to 3,916 units for the same period a year ago, owing to rise in inflation, interest rates, fuel price and the rupee depreciation.
Despite challenging conditions in the automotive market, Renault India achieved sales of 45,986 units during January-August 2013, growing over four-fold year-on-year, Renault India said in a statement.
"Macroeconomic factors such as inflation, rising interest rates, high fuel prices, unstable stock markets and the devaluation of the rupee have been keenly felt in the Indian automobile industry, resulting in decreasing consumer demand and an overall de-growth of 9 percent so far this year," Renault India Executive Director, Marketing & Sales, Sumit Sawhney said.
Renault India sold total 3,733 units in July, with Duster accounting for 2,967 units, Scala 340, Pulse 405, Fluence 11 and Koleos 10.
"The Duster has been our flagship product for just over a year, playing a crucial part not just in Renault's success in India, but also in spearheading the changing landscape of the Indian automobile industry," he said.
"A growth of around 38 percent in year-on-year Duster sales for July-August shows the continued desirability of the model among Indian customers, despite the shrinking market," Sawhney added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20