Tata Motors global sales dip 4% in Sept
New Delhi: Tata Motors Monday said its global sales declined 4 percent in September to 1,03,656 units over the same month last year, mainly on account of lower passenger vehicle sales.
Sales of luxury brands from Jaguar Land Rover were at 26,461 units in September, down 4 percent from the same month last year.
While sales of luxury sedans of Jaguar brand stood at 2,808 units last month, Land Rover sales were at 23,653 units, Tata Motors said in a statement.
The company said its total passenger vehicles sales stood at 48,895 units in September, 2012, down 11 percent from the same month last year.
Commercial vehicle sales were higher by 3 percent to 54,761 units from the same month last year, it added.
The Tata Motors group's global sales comprise Tata, Tata Daewoo and Hispano Carrocera range of commercial vehicles, Tata passenger vehicles, along with the distributed brands in India, Jaguar and Land Rover.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300