Tata Motors global sales fall 14% in December
New Delhi: Tata Motors on Tuesday said its global sales decreased 13.88 percent in December 2012 to 98,968 units over the same period in the previous year.
The company had sold 1,14,920 units during the corresponding month in 2011.
Sales of luxury brands from Jaguar Land Rover were at 32,282 units in December last year, Tata Motors said in a statement.
While sales of luxury sedans of Jaguar brand stood at 5,444 units, Land Rover sales were at 26,838 units, it added.
The company said total passenger vehicles sales stood at 46,925 units in December, 2012, a fall of 23.16 percent from 61,066 units in the same month previous year.
Commercial vehicle sales were down by 3.36 percent to 52,043 units from 53,854 units in the the same month 2011.
Tata Motors group's global sales comprise Tata, Tata Daewoo and Hispano Carrocera range of commercial vehicles, Tata passenger vehicles, along with the distributed brands in India, Jaguar and Land Rover.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300