Tata Motors launches new CNG versions of Indigo, Indica cars
New Delhi: Tata Motors on Friday launched CNG versions of mid sized sedan Tata Indigo and compact car Tata Indica under its emax series priced up to Rs 5.27 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).
The new Tata Indigo emax price starts at Rs 4.99 lakh and goes upto Rs 5.27 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi), while the new Tata Indica emax is priced between Rs 3.99 lakh and Rs 4.26 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi), the company said in a statement.
The new emax range has CNG and Petrol bi-fuel system options, it added.
Commenting on the launch, Tata Motors Senior Vice President, Passenger Vehicle Business Unit (Commercial), Ankush Arora said: "CNG is gaining momentum in the Indian automobile market and we are happy to announce expansion of our CNG portfolio."
The introduction of the new variants comes as an essential step that underlines the company's commitment to be a sustainable automotive player, he added.
The two new variants have been introduced in six markets across India and will now be available in Delhi, Maharashtra, Gujarat, Uttar Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh and Tripura, the company said.
Tata Motors had showcased its emax range at the 'Horizonext' event, held in Pune, in June 2013, with a commitment to launch its CNG range in a phased manner in FY 14. The Nano emax was the first in the range.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20