Toyota Kirloskar Motor sales down 5% in Sept
Bangalore: Toyota Kirloskar Motor's September sales dropped by five percent to 12,115 units from 12,807 units in the same month last year.
However, Innova registered a 23 percent growth with 5,858 units being sold compared to 4,765 sold in September last year.
The Fortuner registered a growth of 21 percent. It sold 1,301 units last month as compared to 1,078 units in the corresponding month last year.
Etios series sold 4,440 units as compared to 5,926 units. The newly launched Camry, now locally manufactured in India, sold 85 units last month during which Corolla Altis sold 424.
"We have seen a drop in sales last month. The market has been quite sluggish and the market sentiments are very low in the passenger car segment. We hope to see it picking up in the festive season," Toyota Kirloskar Motor Deputy Managing Director (Marketing) Sandeep Singh said.
On the export front, he said the company shipped 2,176 units of the Etios series to South Africa last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300