Toyota Kirloskar sales down 24% in December
New Delhi: Toyota Kirloskar Motor reported 24.31 percent decrease in its car sales at 12,071 units in December 2012.
The company had sold 15,948 units in the corresponding month previous year, Toyota Kirloskar Motor (TKM) said in a statement.
For the entire 2012 calender year, TKM's total sales increased 40.04 percent to 1,90,663 units from 1,36,150 units in 2011, it added.
During the year, the company exported a total of 18,422 units of Etios series.
Commenting on numbers, TKM Deputy Managing Director and COO (Marketing and Commercial) Sandeep Singh said: "Though we are satisfied with the overall growth in our sales volume of last year, the passenger car market continues to be slow, as has been in the last few months."
The company hopes the new year will usher in good times with economic revival and better market sentiments, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300