Vikram Kirloskar is new SIAM President
New Delhi: Toyota Kirloskar Motor Vice-Chairman Vikram Kirloskar has been elected as the new President of automobile industry body SIAM.
Ashok Leyland Managing Director Vinod Dasari has been elected as the new Vice-President, while General Motors India President and Managing Director Lowell Paddock is the treasurer, the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM) said in a statement.
Commenting on his new role, Kirloskar said: "Our effort will continue to strive towards building a brand for the Indian auto industry which not only leads the manufacturing landscape of the country, but grows in a responsible manner keeping the customer benefits in view."
The apex auto industry body representing leading vehicle and vehicular engine manufacturers in India, facilitates dialogue between the industry, the government, national and international organisations.
It also works closely with concerned stake holders and helps evolve rules, regulations and policies related to the automobile industry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300