Volkswagen new Touareg launched in India at Rs 58.5 lakh
New Delhi: European auto major Volkswagen on Wednesday launched a new version of its sports utility vehicle Touareg in India, priced at Rs 58.5 lakh (ex-showroom New Delhi).
The new generation Touareg will be available to customers in diesel variant in automatic transmission from end of September, the company said in a statement.
The vehicle is powered by a 3 litre engine and the company claims it delivers a fuel mileage of 12.08 kmpl.
Commenting on the launch, Volkswagen Passenger Cars Managing Director Arvind Saxena said: "India is a key market for our overall strategic growth plans and we are sure that the launch of the best products will affirm our commitment to provide the latest technologies and high value to our Indian customers."
Apart from the Touareg, Volkswagen sells hatchback Polo, sedans Vento, Jetta, Passat and Phaeton, apart from the iconic Beetle in India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300