Gold climbs Rs 220 to Rs 30,520 per 10 grams
New Delhi: Both gold and silver rose in the bullion market here Tuesday on buying by stockists and jewellery makers for the coming festive season amid a firm global trend.
While gold spurted by Rs 220 to Rs 30,520 per 10 grams, silver shot up by Rs 1,000 to Rs 54,000 per kg on increased offtake by jewellers and industrial units.
Silver coins followed suit and rose by Rs 1,500 to Rs 63,500 for buying and Rs 64,500 for selling of 100 pieces.
Traders said sentiment turned bullish on buying by stockists and jewellers for the coming festival and marriage season.
A firming trend in the global markets also influenced the sentiments.
In London, gold rose by USD 1.30 to USD 1,623.20 an ounce and silver by 0.25 percent to USD 28.25 an ounce.
On the domestic front, gold of 99.9 and 99.5 percent purity surged Rs 220 each to Rs 30,520 and Rs 30,320 per 10 grams, respectively.
Sovereign followed suit and rose by Rs 50 to Rs 24,500 per piece of eight grams.
In a similar fashion, silver ready climbed by Rs 1,000 to Rs 54,000 per kg and weekly-based delivery by Rs 960 to Rs 54,195 per kg.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products