Gold down Rs 60 at Rs 29,930 per 10 gm
New Delhi: Both the precious metals, gold and silver, fell here Friday on sustained selling by stockists due to sluggish demand.
While gold lost Rs 60 to Rs 29,930 per 10 grams, silver declined by Rs 15 to Rs 54,750 per kg.
Traders said sustained selling by stockists on sluggish demand due to off-marriage and festival season mainly kept pressure on the precious metals.
On the domestic front, gold of 99.9 and 99.5 percent purity fell further by Rs 60 each to Rs 29,930 and Rs 29,730 per 10 grams, respectively. However, sovereigns held steady at Rs 25,250 per piece of eight grams in scattered deals.
In line with a general weak trend, silver ready declined further by Rs 15 to Rs 54,750 per kg and weekly-based delivery by Rs 70 to Rs 54,420 per kg.
On the other hand, silver coins maintained steady trend at Rs 80,000 for buying and Rs 81,000 for selling of 100 pieces in restricted buying activity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300