Gold futures rise marginally to Rs 29,187 per 10 gms on global cues
New Delhi: Tracking a firming global trend, gold prices rose by 0.10 percent to Rs 29,187 per 10 gm in futures trade Thursday as speculators built-up fresh positions.
At the Multi Commodity Exchange, gold for delivery in August rose by Rs 28, or 0.10 percent, to Rs 29,187 per 10 gm in business turnover of 275 lots.
The metal for delivery in October moved up by Rs 30, or 0.10 percent, to Rs 29,546 per 10 grams in 27 lots.
Market analysts said fresh positions created in line with a firming global trend after gold rose as the dollar declined before a US report that may show first-time claims for jobless benefits climbed, boosting prospects the Federal Reserve will add to stimulus measures mainly led to rise in gold prices at futures trade.
Meanwhile, gold gained 0.4 percent to USD 1,580.15 an ounce in Singapore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300