Gold futures up to Rs 29,315 per 10 grams
New Delhi: Gold futures rose 0.45 per cent to Rs 29,315 per 10 grams today as speculators enlarged their positions on the back of firming global trends.
At the Multi Commodity Exchange, gold for delivery in April rose Rs 131, or 0.45 per cent, to Rs 29,315 per 10 grams, with a business turnover of 402 lots.
In a similar fashion, the metal for delivery in far-month June moved up by Rs 98, or 0.34 per cent, to Rs 28,867 per 10 grams, with a trade volume of 23 lots.
Market analysts said the rise in gold futures was mainly in line with a firming trend in overseas markets as US economic data that trailed estimates increased its demand, with holdings in the biggest exchange-traded product expanding to a two-month high.
Meanwhile, gold rose by 0.30 per cent to USD 1,307.16 an ounce in Singapore, the highest price since November 8.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20