Gold price regains Rs 26,000-level in futures trade
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Gold prices in futures trade regained Rs 26,000-level by rising Rs 173 to Rs 26,154 per ten grams in first half of trade Tuesday as speculators enlarged their positions on the back of firming global trends.
At the Multi Commodity Exchange (NCX), gold for delivery in August rose further by Rs 173 to Rs 26,154 per 10 grams.
Market analysts said the rise in gold futures was mainly in line with a firming trend in overseas markets on speculation the plunge to a 34-month low and the biggest quarterly drop on record will spur physical demand.
Meanwhile, gold rose by 2.60 percent to USD 1,255.70 an ounce in New York in yesterday's trade.
With PTI Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300