Gold price today: Latest updates
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Gold prices recovered by Rs 175 to Rs 28,350 per ten gram in the national capital Thursday, tracking a firming global trend amidst fresh buying by jewellers and retailers.
Silver also moved up by Rs 150 to Rs 45,000 per kg on increased offtake by industrial units and coin makers.
Traders said apart from fresh buying by jewellers and retailers, firm global trend amid signs of increased demand in China and India, the world's two largest consumers, influenced gold prices.
Globally, gold rose by 0.70 percent to USD 1,308.31 an ounce in Singapore. Silver also added 0.3 per cent to USD 20.82 an ounce.
In Delhi, gold of 99.9 and 99.5 percent purity rose by Rs 175 each to Rs 28,350 and Rs 28,150 per ten gram, respectively. It had lost Rs 555 in the previous three sessions.
Sovereign, however, remained steady at Rs 24,800 per piece of eight gram.
In a similar fashion, silver ready gained Rs 150 to Rs 45,000 per kg and weekly-based delivery by Rs 210 to Rs 44,935 per kg. Silver coins were also in demand and strengthened by Rs 1,000 to Rs 80,000 for buying and Rs 81,000 for selling of 100 pieces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20