Silver futures down 1.16% on profit-booking, weak global cues
New Delhi: Silver prices fell by 1.16 percent to Rs 40,515 per kg in futures trade on Thursday as speculators booked profits amid a weak trend in the global markets.
At the Multi Commodity Exchange, silver prices for delivery in July traded lower by Rs 474, or 1.16 percent, to Rs 40,515 per kg in business turnover of 18 lots.
Similarly, the white metal prices for delivery in September declined by Rs 420, or 1.01 percent, to Rs 41,111 per kg in business volume of 1,148 lots.
In the international market, silver prices traded 0.15 percent lower at USD 19.69 an ounce in Singapore.
Market analysts said apart from the profit-booking by participants, a weak trend in the Asian region led to the fall in silver prices at futures trade here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20