Silver futures slide 1% on weak global trend
New Delhi: Tracking a weak global trend, silver futures prices on Friday fell by Rs 404, or one percent, to Rs 40,080 per kg, as speculators trimmed positions.
At the Multi Commodity Exchange, silver prices for delivery in July plunged by Rs 404, or one percent, to Rs 40,080 per kg in business turnover of 11 lots.
Similarly, the white metal prices for delivery in September lost Rs 386, or 0.94 percent, at Rs 40,585 per kg in 1,668 lots.
Market analysts said a weak trend in the precious metals overseas ahead of US jobs data that may add to signs an improving economy, fuelling speculation that the Federal Reserve will scale back monetary stimulus, mainly pulled down silver prices at futures trade.
Meanwhile, silver sank one percent to USD 19.36 an ounce in Singapore today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300