Silver futures up on global cues
New Delhi: Silver prices edged higher by 0.60 percent to Rs 44,380 per kg in futures trade Tuesday after speculators enlarged their positions largely driven by a firming trend overseas.
At the Multi Commodity Exchange, silver for delivery in July was up by Rs 266, or 0.60 percent, to Rs 44,380 per kg in business turnover of 96 lots.
Similarly, the white metal for delivery in September contracts traded higher by Rs 267, or 0.59 percent, to Rs 45,163 per kg in 238 lots.
Analysts attributed the rise in silver prices at futures trade to a firming trend in the precious metals overseas.
Meanwhile, silver traded 0.43 percent higher at USD 20.96 an ounce in New York in yesterday's trade.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300