Too much money invested in gold in India, says CII
Bangalore: Investors in mutual funds and equity should get better incentives so that Indians do not invest much money in gold, industry body CII said on Monday.
Gold imports in 2011-12 were to the tune of USD 60 billion, which also contributed to deterioration in the country's balance of trade, CII President Adi Godrej told reporters here.
"We need to balance our trade better," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300