Country's second largest private sector lender HDFC Bank Wednesday reported a 20.5 percent jump in net profit to Rs 2,869.5 crore in the three months to September, helped by rise in other income and robust performance in retail loans segment.
Cairn, which operates India's biggest onland oilfield at Barmer district in Rajasthan, reported net profit dropping to Rs 673 crore or Rs 5.54 per share in July-September compared with Rs 2,278 crore or Rs 13.77 per share in the same period a year ago.
The world's third largest home textile manufacturer Welspun India, which Tuesday reported its best-ever quarterly profit with a 32.7 percent rise at Rs 172.35 crore for the September quarter, said it will considerably bring down its debt this fiscal year.
The Association of Oil and Gas Operators, which is made up for over two-dozen members including Reliance Industries, ONGC, Cairn, BP, BG, BHP and Essar, has written to Oil Secretary, demanding ad-valorem rate of cess instead of current Rs 4,500 per tonne cess.
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300