A day after the Pay Commission proposed 23.55 percent rise in salaries and pensions of central government employees, the Finance Ministry on Friday expressed confidence that the fiscal deficit targets will not be breached because of absorbing the Rs 1.02 lakh crore bill.
The 7th Pay Commission Thursday recommended more than doubling the 'Military Service Pay' to defence personnel, and suggested that Short Service Commissioned Officers should be allowed to exit the Armed Forces at any point in time between 7 and 10 years of service.
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300