Seeking investments to boost growth, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley on Thursday vowed a corruption-free governance, reasonable tax rates and non-discretionary allotment of natural resources to make it easier for companies to do business in India.
Congress Wednesday sought to take the sheen out of Prime Minister Narendra Modi's frequent foreign tours, alleging India's exports have dropped by a whooping 45 percent despite him completing 30 foreign visits during his 18-month tenure.
Government Wednesday eased the norms for bilateral Official Development Assistance (ODA) to enable the country access assistance from other countries, a move which will promote 'Make in India' campaign by obtaining new technology and boost infrastructure.
The CBDT will review some important black money and tax evasion probes being conducted by the Income Tax department Wednesday, including the HSBC Geneva banks list and few others where it is suspected that Indians have stashed assets abroad.
The government on Wednesday decided to pay a production-linked subsidy of Rs 4.50 per quintal directly to cane farmers in the 2015-16 season to help cash-starved sugar mills clear arrears -- a move that would cost the exchequer about Rs 1,147 crore.
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300