Taking aim at the government's Ujjwal Discom Assurance Yojna (UDAY), the Consumer Unity and Trust Society International (CUTS) today said the scheme is only going to add to the woes of the electricity distribution sector already burdened with huge losses.
While 100 percent foreign direct investment (FDI) has been allowed in DTH, cable network and plantation crop, overseas investment limit in uplinking of news and current affairs TV channels has been raised to 49 percent from 26 percent.
Congratulating Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and the leadership of the Grand Alliance for an impressive victory in Bihar Assembly elections, ASSOCHAM today said India Inc looks forward to a new beginning in the state which needs a renewed vigour for economic development.
The toll tax contractor of South Delhi Municipal Corporation (SDMC) has been collecting around Rs 1.25 crore of Environment Compensation Charge (ECC) every day since the 'green tax' was levied on trucks and other commercial vehicles entering Delhi as per a Supreme Court order.
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300