Representatives of information technology hardware and software industry in a pre-budget meeting with Finance Minister Arun Jaitley also sought measures to facilitate exports and simplification and rationalisation of taxation.
Seeking to soothe jittery investors after a massive plunge in stock markets, the Finance Ministry on Thursday said the domestic economy has "inherent resilience" to withstand global volatility triggered by China fears and the RBI and government are keeping a close watch.
Extending losses for the second straight day, the rupee declined by 11 paise to close at more than 3-week low of 66.93 against the US dollar on persistent demand for the American currency from banks and importers amid sharp fall in equities.
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products