The Income Tax Department has started a pilot project of using e-mails for sending notices, getting replies as well as carrying out tax assessments in an attempt to make sure taxpayers don't have to visit I-T offices physically in smaller cases.
Reserve Bank Governor Raghuram Rajan Monday took his umbrage against the accommodative monetary policies of the developed nations to the doors of the IMF and blamed it for remaining a sideline player and even praising such polices which are wreaking havoc in emerging markets.
Shares of SpiceJet and Jet Airways hogged limelight Monday, surging as much as 10 percent, in-line with an positive broader market amid lower crude oil prices and low-cost airline IndiGo's parent InterGlobe Aviation fixing the price band for its initial share sale.
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300