iPad Mini 2 ‘with retina display’ on its way: Report
Washington: Tech giant Apple, which is yet to release its much awaited iPad mini, has already started working on an upgraded version of the computer tablet that would feature ‘retina display’, sources have claimed.
Sources in Apple''s supply chain supposedly told DoNews that AU Optronics, the company that currently supplies the display panels for the iPad mini, is working on a new 2048 x 1536 Retina display for the iPad mini 2.
Mashable quoted sources, as saying that Apple will be using Sharp’s IGZO technology in the second-generation iPad mini.
This technology would allow the tablet’s display to be thinner and more power efficient while still maintaining excellent color and brightness.
According to the report, the iPad mini 2 is rumored to be going into production late this year, with a launch in the Fall of 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300