iPad Mini 2 ‘with retina display’ on its way: Report
Washington: Tech giant Apple, which is yet to release its much awaited iPad mini, has already started working on an upgraded version of the computer tablet that would feature ‘retina display’, sources have claimed.
Sources in Apple''s supply chain supposedly told DoNews that AU Optronics, the company that currently supplies the display panels for the iPad mini, is working on a new 2048 x 1536 Retina display for the iPad mini 2.
Mashable quoted sources, as saying that Apple will be using Sharp’s IGZO technology in the second-generation iPad mini.
This technology would allow the tablet’s display to be thinner and more power efficient while still maintaining excellent color and brightness.
According to the report, the iPad mini 2 is rumored to be going into production late this year, with a launch in the Fall of 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20