iPhone 6 likely to have bigger screen: Analyst
Washington: Weeks after Apple's latest iPhone5S and 5C starting selling like hot cakes, analysts have predicted that the tech giant's yet-to-be-unveiled iPhone 6 will have a bigger screen and better design.
As Apple is speculated to be testing large-screened iPhones, analyst at Jefferies LLC, Peter Misek said that the next iPhone, iPhone 6, will most likely have a new design and a 4.8" display.
According to the Huffington Post, the recently released iPhone 5S and low-cost counterpart 5C, both have 4-inch displays, while their predecessors have 3.5-inch screens.
If Apple launches a larger screened phone, it will be at par with Moto X and HTC One, but it would still fall short than the Samsung Galaxy S4's 5-inch display.
Market research firm IDC states that nearly 40 percent of smartphones shipped worldwide in the first half of this year had screens larger than 4 inches.
IDC's research manager Ramon Llamas said that there is certainly demand for larger screened phones and Apple just leaves that market to its competition.
Jefferies estimates the iPhone 6 won't come out until September 2014, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300