LG Optimus L global sales smartphones top 15 mn
Seoul: Sales of LG Electronics' Optimus L Series smartphones topped 15 million units globally since its introduction in February 2012, the company said Friday.
Global sales of Optimus L Series devices breached the 10 million mark in December last year, before adding sales of 5 million units, equal to sell a device every second over the past two months, LG said in an e-mailed statement.
After its launch at Mobile World Congress (MWC) in February 2012, LG rolled out Optimus L3, L7, L5, and L9 in a serial order at around 50 countries in North America, Europe, Asia and Latin America, reported Xinhua.
Building on the success of the predecessors, LG planned to unveil the second generation of Optimus L Series later this month at the MWC 2013 with an upgraded design and improved features.
"The new Optimus L Series 2 expands upon the design philosophy of the original series so we're quite confident that we'll have another hit on our hands," said Park Jong-seok, president and chief executive of LG Electronics' mobile communications division.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300