LG Optimus L global sales smartphones top 15 mn
Seoul: Sales of LG Electronics' Optimus L Series smartphones topped 15 million units globally since its introduction in February 2012, the company said Friday.
Global sales of Optimus L Series devices breached the 10 million mark in December last year, before adding sales of 5 million units, equal to sell a device every second over the past two months, LG said in an e-mailed statement.
After its launch at Mobile World Congress (MWC) in February 2012, LG rolled out Optimus L3, L7, L5, and L9 in a serial order at around 50 countries in North America, Europe, Asia and Latin America, reported Xinhua.
Building on the success of the predecessors, LG planned to unveil the second generation of Optimus L Series later this month at the MWC 2013 with an upgraded design and improved features.
"The new Optimus L Series 2 expands upon the design philosophy of the original series so we're quite confident that we'll have another hit on our hands," said Park Jong-seok, president and chief executive of LG Electronics' mobile communications division.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20