Samsung announces 5G breakthrough
Zee Media Bureau
South Korean electronic giant Samsung Electronics has successfully tested a super fast fifth generation (5G) technology that will allow users to download an entire movie in just one second.
According to reports, Samsung on Monday announced the successful breakthrough of 5G technology which would change the world for users who love multi tasking and speed.
The South Korean giant is reported to have stated that transmitting speed of 5G would be “up to several hundred times faster” than the existing 4G network.
That will permit users to "transmit massive data files including high quality digital movies practically without limitation", it said.
"As a result, subscribers will be able to enjoy a wide range of services such as 3D movies and games, real-time streaming of ultra high-definition (UHD) content, and remote medical services," the company’s stated further.
This eventually means that users will be able to download an entire movie in just one second, according to the reports.
However, the new technology will not be ready for commercial market before 2020.
At present, South Korea already has around 20 million 4G users.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products