Apple iPhone 5 finally makes India debut, price starts at Rs 45,500
New Delhi: The much-awaited Apple's iPhone 5 hit the Indian market Friday after being launched globally on September 21.
The 16GB variant has been priced at Rs 45,500, 32GB at Rs 52,500 and 64GB at Rs 59,500. The latest version of Apple iPhone will be available in India in both GSM and CDMA.
Apple’s latest flagship phone was up for pre-orders through its Indian carrier Airtel a week ago and reportedly the pre-booking is full.
Airtel had started giving customers the option to pre-order the 16GB Black version of the phone and customers who had pre-booked the device will get to pick their device today.
It will take at least two weeks to lay yours hands on the phone, if you haven’t booked it yet.
The Cupertino-based tech giant has decided to appoint Redington and Ingram Micro as distributors for the iPhone 5 in India.
On the specs side, the iPhone 5 has a 4-inch Retina display and comes with an 8MP iSight camera with LED flash and a 1.2MP front facing camera and is housed in a sleek aluminium casing. It is powered by an A6 processor and runs on the latest iOS, the iOS 6
The iPhone 5 will carry the nanoSIM card, a smaller SIM card compared to the microSIM which is used widely. It has 2G, 3G and 4G support as well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products