Apple iPhone 5 in a cheaper, plastic body to be launched in June-July
London: A cheaper, plastic bodied iPhone costing roughly half the price of the standard Apple smartphone is set to be launched this summer, according to analysts.
Jefferies & Company analyst Peter Misek said that production of that cheaper iPhone is likely to start in June.
Separately, Amit Daryanani or RBC Capital Markets told investors that Apple plans to launch the cheaper phone as well as the iPhone 5S in June-July this year, the Telegraph reports.
Earlier this month it was claimed that the budget version would cost roughly 330 dollars, priced in order to appeal to young, middle class consumers in countries like China and India.
Jeremy Horwitz of iLounge had claimed earlier that "reliable sources" told him the new device will have a retina display and feature Apple's new Lightning connector for charging and syncing.
According to the paper, Horwitz did agree that Apple would release an upgraded iPhone 5S, with an improved rear camera, perhaps in July.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300