Apple iPhone 5: Spec Revision
New Delhi: A lot of speculations are doing the rounds in the tech world about the upcoming Apple iPhone 5.
Everyone is curious about the next offer from Apple. Although nothing is official, yet the event stipulated for tomorrow at San Francisco's Yerba Buena Centre for the Arts has fanned a lot of speculations about the company’s new phone launch.
Before the company officially unveils its next generation iPhone, everything is rumour. But if it is an Apple product, even rumours can't be overlooked. Based on market speculations and specs leakage, let’s have a revision of the key specs of the phone.
- iPhone will measure 3.5-inch diagonally and the 4-inch display indicates that iPhone 5 will have a 30 percent increase in screen-size. Market analysts say that market trend of bigger displays has incited Apple who has always been pitted against its Android rival, the Samsung Galaxy S III which has a 4.8-inch display.
- The upcoming model is expected to work with fourth-generation, or 4G, cellular networks.
- Apple will include a smaller connector in its upcoming device iPhone 5, rendering current accessories potentially obsolete, according to a report. According to sources, the iPhone 5 will come with a 19-pin connector port at the bottom instead of the proprietary 30-pin port ‘to make room for the earphone moving to the bottom’.
- iPhone 5 will get a bigger battery, reportedly, slightly less than a half an inch taller than the iPhone 4S.
- The upcoming Apple iPhone 5 will sport the same A5X dual-core processor as the current new iPad 3.
- Apple’s iPhone 5 will concentrate upon overall durability. Reports have it that iPhone 5 will ship with Gorilla Glass 2.
- A rumoured video of the front plate from the iPhone 5 is doing the rounds. A smartphone repair centre based in Columbia, SC., SmartPhone Medic, uploaded a video stating that they have new parts of the iPhone 5.