Apple iPhone 5S: Five interesting features
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Apple Inc unveiled on Tuesday much-anticipated iPhone 5S and the lower-priced iPhone 5C smartphones.
Since the first touch-screen iPhone hit the market in 2007, software features have become easier to replicate and improvements in speed, weight, display size and resolution have become routine.
Apple CEO Tim Cook expects Apple to ship the 700 millionth device— an iPhone or iPad— based on iOS mobile software sometime next month.
Let’s have a look at five interesting features of the iPhone 5S.
1. It contains the A7 chip, which is a 64-bit chip. It also includes a separate chip, called the "M7 Motion co-processor", which can track motion data continuously without heavily draining the battery.
2. The fingerprint-scanner etched into the home-screen can unlock the phone with just a touch. The fingerprint sensor also has 360-degree readability. The sensor is about 170 microns thin; it also has 500 ppi resolution, scans sub-epidermal skin layers.
3. The camera captures HD 720p video at 120 frame per seconds. It enables you to store multiple photos from of burst shots you took. There's also a new flash called True Tone. The flash can solve the contention around clashing colour temperatures. There are also over 1,000 unique variations.
4. The pricier 5S begins at USD 199 with a contract and also comes in three colours - gray, silver and gold.
5. The battery running time is huge. It can go on for 10 hours on LTE browsing, 40 hours music playback, while 10 hours 3G talktime, 250 hours standby.