Apple iPhone 6 launch likely to be delayed
Washington: The launch of Apple's iPhone 6 may be delayed as the iPhone-maker struggles to straighten out complications pertaining to the size of the next-generation phone's battery.
Mashable has reported that according to Taiwan's Industrial and Commercial Times, Apple might be pushing back the debut of its 5.5-inch iPhone 6 to next year due to issues with finding a sufficient battery slim enough to fit into the device's "very thin" design.
The iPhone maker is reportedly searching for a 2 mm (0.08 inch) thick battery or less that would fit in the 5.5 inch iPhone Air model.
While the aim of the company is to make the device as slim as possible, rumor has it that the feature could raise the price of the model by up to 100 dollars.
Meanwhile, Apple's 4.7-inch model is still on track to launch this fall, which is in line with Apple's launch cycle for smartphones, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20