Apple patents ‘button free, wraparound’ 3D display iPhone design
London: Tech giant Apple has patented a new iPhone design that features a wraparound display and no buttons.
The display would cover the entire surface of the devices and could include two AMOLED screens one on top of the other.
According to a patent filing published, the design would allow it to give ‘an illusion of depth perception... mimicking a 3D experience’.
Apple envisions an iPhone with rounded edges and curved surfaces front and back, both capable of displaying information and responding to touch, the Telegraph reports.
The proposed design would have no physical volume controls, no “home” button on the front and no “hold” button on top, the paper said.
Their functions would be performed by touch gestures bringing up software-based controls on the wraparound screen, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300