Apple's iPhone 5s and 5c on sale in India from Nov 1
New Delhi: Apple, the iconic maker of iPhones and iPads, Wednesday said the latest models of its smartphones will go on sale in India just before Diwali.
The iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c will be available in more than a dozen countries on November 1, including India and Mexico, Apple said in a statement Wednesday, without revealing their prices.
Apple has timed the release of iPhones in India before Diwali, which is on November 3. Apple products have previously hit the Indian markets in the last fortnight of November or the first fortnight of December.
The Iphone 5s, which the California-based firm calls the the most forward-thinking smartphone in the world, and the iPhone 5c, the most colourful iPhone yet, will hit retailers in 25 countries, including Italy, Russia and Spain, from October 25, it added.
The iPhone 5s comes in gold, silver and space grey and the iPhone 5c comes in blue, green, pink, yellow and white.
A contract-free and unlocked 16GB version of the iPhone 5c is available for USD 549 (about Rs 34,700) in the US, while an unlocked and contract-free iPhone 5s can be bought in the US for USD 649 (about Rs 41,000).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300