Apple’s lawsuit against Motorola dismissed by US Judge
Washington: A judge in the US has reportedly dismissed a lawsuit by Apple against Google-owned Motorola Mobility, over alleged patent abuse.
The tech giants were set to square off in a Wisconsin federal court over the library of patents Google Inc acquired along with Motorola for 12.5 billion dollars in May.
Apple Inc claimed Motorola's licensing practices were unfair.
However, late last week District Judge Barbara Crabb questioned whether she had the legal authority to hear Apple's claims, and on Monday she dismissed the case, Fox News reports.
Both Apple and Microsoft have accused Google of demanding too high a royalty for some of its so-called standard essential patents.
Meanwhile, a Google spokeswoman said the company was pleased with the order.
In a legal brief filed after Crabb's ruling, Apple contended that the judge does indeed have the authority to hear its claims, the report said.