Galaxy Xcover 2: Samsung’s water resistant smartphone
Korean smartphone maker, Samsung has officially announced Galaxy Xcover 2 on Monday, however the price and market availability is yet to be confirmed.
It runs on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean sporting a 4-inch WVGA TFT LCD display with the company's TouchWiz UI atop. The device has a 5-megapixel rear camera and a VGA front camera.
The Galaxy Xcover2 is a smartphone which can face dust, sand and even resist water to a depth of one meter for up to 30 minutes.
Other interesting feature includes a camera that can take under water pictures, a strap holder which will help you avoid dropping the phone and a battery cover lock.
The smartphone also comes pre-installed with apps like ChatON messenger, S-Cloud, S Voice, Best Shot, Smart Stay and apps from the Samsung Hub like Readers Hub, Video Hub, Game Hub and Music Hub.
Samsung Galaxy Xcover 2 key specs
• 4-inch WVGA TFT LCD display
• 1GHz dual-core processor
• 1GB RAM
• 4GB of on-board storage expandable upto 32GB
• 5-megapixel rear camera
• VGA front camera
• WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth 4.0, USB 2.0, A-GPS, Glonass
• Li-ion 1,700mAh battery
• Android 4.1
• 130.5x67.7x12 mm
• Weighs 148.5 grams
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20