Gionee launches E6 smartphone for Rs 22,999
New Delhi: Chinese handset maker Gionee on Thursday launched its flagship device E6 for Rs 22,999 which will be available in the market immediately.
The company, which has earmarked a marketing budget of USD 2.5 million for the festive season, is targetting the youth to sell its latest device.
"We are targetting to be among the top five smartphone players in the country in the coming three years. We will be opening 240 Gionee stores and 2500 Gionee shop in shops by December next year," Gionee India Head Arvind R Vohra said here.
The phone runs on Android Jelly Bean operating system and has 13 megepixel rear and 5 megapixel front camera. It has a 5 inch screen and 2 GB RAM.
The company, which is among the top three players in China, decided to launch its own brand in India in Q1 of 2013. It used to be a original device manufacturer (ODM) for many domestic brands in the country earlier.
Vohra said it no longer be supplying devices to other players in India as the company has launched its own brand now here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300