'Glitch' in iPhone 'hangover feature' lets you sleep deep on New Year’s Day
Sydney: Many iPhone owners using the ‘do not disturb’ feature that prevents the phone from sounding or vibrating overnight, have said that the app failed to switch off at the specified time.
“Woke up this morning and the iOS Do Not Disturb featured which was supposed to be turned off at 6:30am was still on at 8am,” an Australian user wrote on a tech discussion forum Whirlpool.
According to the Australian, another users in Victoria and the Northern Territory have reported similar issues with the app, dubbed the "hangover" feature.
While most suspect the quirk is down to a software glitch, others have speculated it could be a specially designed New Year's Day present from Apple, the report said.
According to a user in Victoria, the iPhone maker ‘intuitively knew that some people would be nursing hangovers so decided to make it a feature of iOS 6’.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20