'Glitch' in iPhone 'hangover feature' lets you sleep deep on New Year’s Day
Sydney: Many iPhone owners using the ‘do not disturb’ feature that prevents the phone from sounding or vibrating overnight, have said that the app failed to switch off at the specified time.
“Woke up this morning and the iOS Do Not Disturb featured which was supposed to be turned off at 6:30am was still on at 8am,” an Australian user wrote on a tech discussion forum Whirlpool.
According to the Australian, another users in Victoria and the Northern Territory have reported similar issues with the app, dubbed the "hangover" feature.
While most suspect the quirk is down to a software glitch, others have speculated it could be a specially designed New Year's Day present from Apple, the report said.
According to a user in Victoria, the iPhone maker ‘intuitively knew that some people would be nursing hangovers so decided to make it a feature of iOS 6’.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300